A History of Excellence Since 1904
The multidisciplinary health care teaching facility today known as Marshall B. Ketchum University traces its roots to the Los Angeles School of Ophthalmology and Optometry, established by the University’s founder and namesake. In 1904, pharmacist and physician, Dr. Marshall B. Ketchum, opened the Los Angeles School of Ophthalmology and Optometry in Los Angeles. The Southern California College of Optometry was established in 1904, followed by College of Health Sciences School of Physician Assistant studies in 2011, and the College of Pharmacy in 2013.
Today, we are preparing the next generation of optometrists, physician assistants (PAs) and pharmacists to meet the expectations being set by collaborative practice models nationwide. Our goal is to afford students opportunities for greater communication, quality of care and teamwork, while providing patients access to an interconnected team of health care professionals.
At Marshall B. Ketchum University, we are reimagining health care education every day at our two teaching facilities in Anaheim and Los Angeles with more than 50 clinical faculty and 74 exam rooms across the two locations.